SENIOR LEAD DEVELOPER
Please read and consider this job’s requirements before applying below.
FENIX is looking for a principal engineer to lead the research and architecture of various complex components and projects. Technically, you have an excellent background in data structures, design patterns, and modern programming practices with approximately 15 years of experience.
FENIX is growing and we are looking for a highly-skilled engineer to join our in-house development team, FENIX Labs. As a member of the FENIX Labs team, you will contribute to building and evolving our innovative products. We are looking for a creative thinker who will bring passion and dedication to the team.
The Tech Stack:
• We work with the IonicFramework.com, Vue.js, and Node.js, but we are migrating to web components so that we can be framework agnostic.
• We are championing the server-less stack, and developing highly scalable apps using Firebase and machine-learning on the Google Cloud Platform.
• We use WordPress as a headless CMS, so familiarity with PHP is required.
We love our people and want this to be the best place for them to work. We learn together, grow together, and do work we’re proud of together. As a member of our team, you’ll contribute to the vision and help shape the direction of our products. All of us are at the top of our game — programmers, designers, analysts, and every member of our team is critical to the creation process. If you like working with smart and thoughtful people who genuinely care about the products they build, we are a good fit for you.
• Strong oral and written communication skills (C1 level or better) in English REQUIRED
• 15+ years of professional software engineering, data structure, design pattern, and modern programming experience REQUIRED
• Ability to visualize a system and then build it (with the team)
• Open communication and willingness to work with and mentor other Junior-Senior developers of various specialties
• Extensive knowledge of building backend systems and server-side programming languages
• Experience with front end frameworks like Vue.js, React, React Native, or Angular
• Extensive experience with Nginx and Apache servers, with a solid background in Linux
• Experience with PHP
• Familiarity with reviewing and implementing development based on designs provided to you via prototyping tools such as Photoshop, Sketch and InVision
• Demonstrable understanding of object-oriented and/or functional development, concurrency, and data structures
• EU citizenship, or EU visa with ability to legally live/work in Spain without visa support
• Demonstrated ability to work independently (good work ethic, maturity, and personal initiative), as well as ability to work as member of a highly collaborative team
• Close attention to detail and quality in all aspects of job performance
• Self-discipline for planning and organizing tasks
• The ability to contribute meaningfully to product and team vision
• Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing project and client needs
• Life and Disability Insurance
• Travel Opportunities
• Equipment Supplied
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
We look forward to hearing from you. We review all candidates and typically reach out within X days.
The open positions posted by FENIX are for immediate vacancies. By submitting your application, you are indicating your availability to join our team on a full-time basis within the next two months. If you’re unable to meet this deadline, we kindly ask that you refrain from applying until your availability matches our immediate needs.